7Hz for 7minutes over 100dB

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by kryptonitewhite, Sep 6, 2011.

1. kryptonitewhite

kryptonitewhite Full Member

7Hz for 7minutes over 100dB
    1000 cubic feet, 20"x18"x22" port for a 5.24Hz tuning
    (4) Fi IB3 18's
    (2) Behringer EP4000s
    1 very old house with the nastiest wiring you ever saw run off an antique 15A fuse box that can't properly and fully support 1 EP4000 let alone 2 plus the rest of this 1/2 of the household.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbrFENilHGY

2. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Mechanical resonance.....look up Nicola Tesla. this can be done in many ways... Dont get me wrong, its cool! but its all about finding the resonant freq. of certain objects....

Now, about the power to your house....even a 20 amp 120 volt circuit should be more than adequate to feed all but the MOST powerful amps... what are you running?

3. kryptonitewhite

kryptonitewhite Full Member

2 Behringer EP4000s rated to do 2400 RMS 4 ohms bridged off a standard 20A 120V line, but they have been benched and rebenched and scrutinized to only do 1800 RMS on that standard line. In my old videos, page 2 I think, i did several clip tests with just 1 amp and 1 IB3 18". I could easily get the amp clip lights to light up and you could clearly hear it clip with just one IB3... only reason i can think would be voltage drop for the amp.