4 subs, 1 box, 1 airspace

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by squatchie, Mar 2, 2003.

1. squatchie

squatchie Full Member

:ph34r: I have a box with 4 - 12" in it, common air space. Wired in combination parallel/series...has anyone ever had any problems with the common air space. An opinion of one friend says it will cause phasing problems, not sure why just something about the one air space not permitting the individual drivers to move correctly. Another friend said it should fine and dandy (his exact words).

Im not sure what to think...I have the speakers wired that way because i need a certain Ohm Load. Any help would be appreciated.

2. evoInfinity

evoInfinity Guest

I would imagine they would be fine but i dont think you will get the expected outcome if you plotted it up in winisd. I would imagine that they would have slightly different t/s parameters and with 4 slightly off subs that would just mess up shit a little more. Oh wait winisd sucks dick anyways and it is too early in the flucking morning for me to even think. I need to drive to michigan tomorrow and it is 4:30 in the morning here.

But anyways i dont think it will mess with phase if they dont face all different directions.

3. trifle

trifle Full Member

they'll be fine...considering the same structural stability (or maybe even a tad less for the common airspace) that type of box will be better for spl...