21" (Sleeper) ported/4th order?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by beatz, Jan 20, 2011.

1. beatz

beatz Full Member

Just made a new box for my 21" dp 8.3 cu ft, 32hertz (the amp I will be running is a sundown 3500)

Attached Files:

2. thumper

thumper Full Member

looks really cool,i bet the back seat is crazy to sit in when its up lol

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  3. Lazy Eye

Lazy Eye Full Member

thats pretty sick man

4. connerray2010

connerray2010 Full Member

didnt you just make a thread on this adout it not hiting when the top is on over the sub?

5. beatz

beatz Full Member

No, I said its loud as hell now. In the thread I said it wasnt hitting as loud when I had the back deck covered. I was also wondering why it was louder with the trunk open, when the back deck was covered, when it should have been the other way around. Like I said, once i opened the back deck its loud!! In the tread, I just wanted to get opinions on what people thought that problem was.

6. beatz

beatz Full Member

thanks lazy eye

7. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

Phase cancellation.

8. beatz

beatz Full Member

"The Viking" thanks for your reply. I tested the system again today, took more of the back deck out and its getting louder the more of the back deck I take out. But no matter what, it still get louder when the trunk is open. The more I take out the less difference it makes with the trunk open, but theres still a difference. I already went the other direction of sealing the front wave from the rear and and the more i seal the lower the bass inside the car gets. Dont get me wrong it very loud but if I can get the little difference that it makes when the trunk opens ....damn

9. beatz

beatz Full Member

"The Viking" thanks for your reply. I tested the system again today, took more of the back deck out and its getting louder the more of the back deck I take out. But no matter what, it still get louder when the trunk is open. The more I take out the less difference it makes with the trunk open, but theres still a difference. I already went the other direction of sealing the front wave from the rear and and the more i seal the lower the bass inside the car gets. Dont get me wrong it very loud but if I can get the little difference that it makes when the trunk opens ....damn