2004 Kicker L7

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by fb4076, Jan 11, 2004.

1. fb4076

fb4076 Full Member

Have ya'll heard anything about the new solobaric L7's? I heard one of the old L7's today for the first time in a long while and I really thought it sounded good (for my taste anyways), and I looked at the new ones, and I really like those but I do not know how to go about buying them. The stores around me do not really carry them, they will order them, but they charge out the ass.....

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

3. fb4076

fb4076 Full Member

what is the deal with unauthorized versus authorized. Would any of you buy the unauthorized of the price was lower?

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I ue to Sell Unauthorized

and you will always find unauthorized shop lower

but you dont get a factory warranty, all warranty if any has to come form the selling dealer, which is why you only buy from people you trust

I know the owners of both ICA and Woofersect

both are good guys

Both I would buy from

5. josh99ta

josh99ta Full Member

Michael, some typos in there, correct links should be...

www.woofersetc.com and www.infinitecaraudio.com

I have bought unauthorized plenty of times, including dealing with woofersetc.com and it's all went off without a hitch. Good service IMO. Haven't heard the new L7s, but I did hear the very first model 12L7 and it was a very nice speaker IMO. Heard it in a large sealed box with like 300w and it was doing a nice job of filling the car and sounding great. Heck, when I ran World Finals in 2002 I got 2nd place, the guy who beat me was running an 8L7 for the substage. I do feel there are better speakers for the money, but Kicker has always built a fine product IMO.

6. ASM

ASM Full Member

Don't forget that Sounddomain will pricematch with almost any other site out there.

7. fb4076

fb4076 Full Member

Hm... that is interesting to know. Good information. Thanks!

8. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

not true

I have Tried 2 times of differant products and they nerv go as low, once on a IDMAX, and once on something else

every time I get a response like

"We are sorry but the site XXXXXXX.com is not authorized so we are unable to match the price, we can offer you the product at the reduced price of XXX.XX"

Alot of manufactuers have been getting on them because of the pressure from Brick and Morter Shops, which after all is the only reason Unauthorized shops are gone after by the Manufacuters, because the B&M shops can not compete with Etaliers

that is Economics

I cost me $50 per month(in business only expenses) to run my Online Store, how much does it cost to open a shop, ALOT more

Most shops have to have a 25%-30% margin JUST TO BREAK EVEN...

when online dealers sell for 5-15%, it literally kills the b&M dealer if he had to compete

9. ASM

ASM Full Member

Really, I've had them price match on a lot of things from unauthorized dealers. I've had quite a few friends do the same thing. I've never had a problem with it.

I think it's just your luck with dealers and manufacturers Michael :ranting: :oops:

10. fb4076

fb4076 Full Member

I have a box that is 5.66 cubic ft. and I am going to put two L7's in it. Is this enough space? The box is ported, and the subs will not be sharing air.... the space is equally divided to 2.86 per sub. Will this be enough for two of the new ones?

11. fb4076

fb4076 Full Member

oh yeah, why is it that everyone talks bad about the Kicker subs? Are they really that bad? Taking into consideration that the vehicle I drive every day only was two 8 inch W0's..... will the kickers really sound worse (SQ) than the 8W0's.... I find that hard to believe....