2 Shivas In A Truck Box

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by The_Ancient, Nov 27, 2003.

1. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Ok so I cant use my Truck Box (yes it is prefabbed, sue my I am Lazy and they only cost me $35) with my HSL, too deep, unless I want to add a space to the face of the box, but these are old subs, and I feel the need for something new

So I have a Max Mount Depth of 5.5 in's, shiva are 5.125

the Box is 1.28 cubes per side or 2.56 total

Look like is would be good in Bass Box Pro, F3 is 35hz has a Peak of +3db at about 60hz

over all a pretty good curve
    however Qtc is 1.3 :blink:

what do you think, good choice, bad choice?

any other recommendations for this box in the shiva price range?

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

It'll do well. I had them in 1.25 per for a while and they were pretty nice. A bit bigger would get way lower, but they still should go lower than the HSLs. Use about 2.5 pounds of polyfill (1.25 per chamber) to "bring that Q down a bit".

3. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

Overall, I'd say they are a pretty good little sub especially for the price. As far as whats out there thats as good for the same price, Im not too sure as it has been quite some time since I really looked at subs (over a year ago before I bought the w7s). Im sure elemental has something out there, but you know me, I'd much rather see a person run Adire over Elemental (QC issues).

There are the kicker comp VRs, which may be worth looking into, or the JL equivilant. I would assume you'd get a pretty good deal on the Shivas from Seth(but I may be wrong) and either way they would probably be the best choice.

Off to battle to the people at Circuit City for a couple of TVs. :rifle: and for back up :2guns:

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

the problem I run in to is the Mounting Depth, most 12's are over 5.5in's

5. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

That enclosure does sound a little large. Could you put something in there to reduce the internal volume?

Also, how soon are you going to want to do this? I've heard about some great things in the works that may work better for you. But who knows when it will be offered.

6. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

1.28 per driver for the Shiva? That is too small Steven... I assume you misread that ;).

7. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

1.28 per driver for the Shiva? That is too small Steven... I assume you misread that ;). [/b][/quote]
    Wow, I must have. For some reason I was thinking 1.8 or so.

In that case isn't 1.2 about right for the Shiva? He should be very happy with that enclosure.

Also, with a quick check with WinISD, I get a Qtc of .889 with a 1.2 cubic foot enclosure. Did the parameters change than what are programmed into WinISD?

8. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I dont use WinISD

I have Bass Box Pro 6.0 using Internal Shiva MKIII Paramerts (they have listed MKI MKII and MKIII lol)

9. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

This is scary folks. In a very short time Michael will be offering his very first review of an Adire product :blink: . He has ordered some Shivas for his truck, and will be ordering some Brahmas in the future (I assume for your 'bird right Mike?)

Who would've ever thought they would see the day?

And no fellas, they were not freebies :p

YAY!!! A new Adire groupie!!!

10. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

yes they are for my Bird, but if I dont stop spending money like it grows on trees I will be in troble, in the last Month I have spent well over $10,000 in "play time" stuff :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

and I will never be a "groupie" sorry.... but I figured, "yhey if you cant beat them, join them"

11. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

ohh yea, isnt this the first sign of the apcoloypse?

12. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I believe it is... and I think I hear hoofbeats at my door right now!!!

13. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

Mike and Adire in the same sentence? Who would have thought?

:jawdrop:

:lol:

14. trifle

trifle Full Member

Does seem weird to hear about Michael running Adire...never thought I'd see it

next we'll see seth running elemental.... :p

maybe at least you can run alpine or clarion (ok chris and courtney back me up on this one)