1995 civic front speaker wiring problem

Discussion in 'Automotive Electrical' started by orange, Jun 27, 2009.

1. orange

orange New Member

My front speakers go out most of the time and then they'll come on randomly. I know that its the original wiring that bugs out. Im not sure how i can fix the problem. There a pretty good amount of slack. I've adjusted them and there's no certain position to put them in to mount them on the door that wont bug out the connection.

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

are they the oem speakers or aftermarket?

3. orange

orange New Member

aftermarket but nothing really powerful

4. pedro quiroga

k.. then i would rewire them and forget trying to solve that mystery. lol. 12~16ft of wire should do it.

5. orange

orange New Member

ive never rewired a car, is it pretty simple to get the hang of it? any online tutorials for such a task?

6. pedro quiroga

oh yeah is super simple. just pull the head and run a new wire to the doors, when you get to the loom use a coathanger and tape to push the new wire thru.

you will have to take the doors off and take the speakers out.

the doors shouldnt take more than 5 min to pull off. as far as the wiring, just route it away from anything that will pinch it.

7. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

Pedro didn't mean the whole door needs to come off, just to door panels. lol

the panels are VERY easy to take off. if you need a tutorial on how to take honda civic door panels off just let me know, i can find it. it should just be a screw on the door inside handle and a few screws near the power windows. after all the screws are off then you can just yank off the door panel. Very easy to do...

8. tyrant1014

tyrant1014 Full Member

what also would definately help is a trim panel puller. They are like 5 bucks, (The cheap ones will do) and the make your life a heck of a lot easier. They are less likely to mark up your doors than a screwdriver would.