03 Dodge Ram Single Cab

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by DodgeMan333, Mar 19, 2009.

1. DodgeMan333

DodgeMan333 New Member

Ay, I am looking for a sub that has good SQ and hits deep. I currently have a 1600 audiobahn amp with a P3D212 in a ported box. It sounds like it hits hard in my truck but if you stand outside of it you cannot hear it that well. So I would appreciate some ideas for a new brand of sub.

I was originally thinking of adding another P3D212, but when I went to get an estimate on a custom box, the guy explained to me that having one sub would sound louder than having two. What do you think? I thought he was just trying to make a sale on a better sub (diamond). Thanks.

2. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

2 subs would be louder than 1. the guy that told you that 1 sub would be louder doesn't know much obviously. more cone area = louder bass.

well, if you're going for SQ then you won't hear much outside. Is your box ported/vented? if it's sealed then they are just designed for inside listening and not for outside.

3. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

x2 on what CC said. if you want it louder then more subs and more power are in order.

maybe 4 10's or if you can then 4 12's.

4. DodgeMan333

DodgeMan333 New Member

The box is ported. Ok well then its cool if its not SQ. I need something that people can hear me coming. I was thinking about getting one or two L7.

5. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

the more subs you get the better. just make sure you'll have enough space in your truck for whatever you get.